This work is protected by copyright law and is made accessible through Wesleyan College Archives only for use in scholarship and research, pursuant to Section 107 of the Copyright Act. Copyright protected materials may not be distributed or used for any commercial purpose without the express written permission of the copyright holder. Please contact the Wesleyan College Archives regarding permissions and proper citation guidelines.
Wesleyan College was chartered in 1836 as the first college in the world chartered to grant degrees to women. Its original campus was located in downtown Macon, Georgia. In 1928, most of the college moved to its current campus in the suburban Rivoli neighborhood of Macon with the rest soon following suit. After completely closing, the original campus was destroyed in a fire in 1963, leaving only the Rivoli campus.
The negatives that have been scanned and used in this gallery date from the 1940s, and are a gift from the estate of Howell H. and Elizabeth S. Gwin given by May Gwin Waggoner. This collection was processed by Ashley Miller, Archives Intern, 2017.
Rivoli Campus Papers Finding Aid
Wesleyan Photograph Collection
Howell H. and Elizabeth S. Gwin Collection